I’m in the midst of a website conversion to WordPress, and the resulting import of images to the uploads/ folder is somewhere north of 8 GB. My IDE, Aptana Studio 3, tries to scan the folder every time I refresh the project or do code completion. I was on the verge of ditching Aptana altogether when I hit upon the answer:
- Move the large folder you wish to have Aptana ignore out of your project and replace it with an empty folder.
- Refresh the project to ensure the empty folder appears in the project.
- Right-click on the empty folder and select Properties, and then Resource.
- Under Attributes, check Derived.
- Copy the contents of the folder back into place – Aptana should ignore it and keep UI responsiveness quick.